Welcome to qsDictyosteliumDB
This is a database of wild Dictyostelium clones and research articles associated with the Queller-Strassmann lab at Washington University in St. Louis.
You can look up detailed information on specific clones, filter through lists of clones based on a variety of parameters, and see what research each clone has been used in.
For a new experiment using D. discoideum, D. giganteum, D. mucoroides, D. purpureum, or Polysphondelium violaceum, there are a number of factors one might consider. This database will help you identify appropriate clones.
Here is a list of variables of possible interest about the social amoeba clones:
- Does it carry Paraburkholderia agricolaris, Pa. hayleyella, or Pa. bonniea?
- Does it carry endosymbionts Entamoeba, Amoebophilis, or Procabactor?
- What other studies have used this clone?
- Has it been sequenced? Twenty clones have good sequences and most of the others have rough sequences.
- What is its mating type? There are three.
- Where was it collected?
- Where is it on the phylogeny?
- Is there a fluorescently labeled clone available?
- Is it a cheater? Note that this is a labile trait, not available for many clones.